Saturday, December 1, 2007

Censored

I have been having some technical difficulties over the last few days with communication. First, my cell phone decided to go through an unscheduled "upgrade". Unfortunately, in exchange from the new ultra-slim form factor, I had to give up such frivolous amenities like the "seeing what number your dialing feature" or the "know if you phone is on or off feature." I figured that as long as I could use my ear bud, my phone would work fine. But then my ear bud started to not work. My phone is dead. Long live the phone! (No, I haven't been screening my calls, everybody).


So what did I do? Rather, what did Charity and I do? We decided to get knew phones. I got a Blackberry Curve and she got a Nokia N75 (not pictured), both for free. I thought my communication handicap was over.

Nevertheless, wouldn't you know it, the moons were still in misalignment, because the day the phones' package got here, I got a sore throat and lost my voice. I wasn't even able to call my carrier to set up the phone's account. I haven't been able to call anyone and tell them that I have a new number. And I still can't talk.

But I can write! Ha hah!

Actually, I have been reminded how much of an idle chatterbox I am. This became apparent when were out driving and dropping off cookies to our home-teachees last night. Since I couldn't talk (and ultimately stick my foot in my mouth), I was able to listen to Charity sing me some Christmas carols. I don't think she noticed the tear in my eye, but being with her made me really happy.

So, one would think that after a sweet experience like that, I would turn the corner and get my voice back. Apparently, there is some more lessons that I have to learn, because I still can't talk.

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

That is so funny! Sorry your throat hurts, though. Do you have mono? Jacob got mono when we first got married. It was fun. We weren't allowed to kiss for like 2 months.

Howell said...

No mono, thank goodness.

I am feeling better, though. I haven't been able to think of where I got the bug from, unlike the time I knew I was sick from eating a day old burrito that was sitting on the counter in 110 degree weather with flies buzzing around in Africa. Yeah, that was easy to remember what what made me sick.... This time, I have now idea. Charity and her superior immune system seems to have weathered past this bug.