Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Daniel!

Daniel celebrated his first official Father's day by eating a delicious breakfast made by me. James watched intently, no doubt looking forward to the day when he,too, will have teeth and can enjoy such meals.

They had a good time playing together to celebrate the occasion.
I got Daniel an office chair as a Father's Day gift, and he put it together this morning as he was thinking about his Sunday School lesson.


His office is now complete. He finished his lesson there and commented that it is really nice to have his own space to work now. (He has been very good about working at the desktop in the kitchen but it has been a bit cramped.)
Daniel is a wonderful father and husband. He takes very good care of us. It is not unusual for me to wake up and find that the apartment has been picked up, the dishes done, and the laundry started. I never expected to have so much help and really appreciate the spirit it brings to our home. Did I mention that he also likes to cook? Wow! And this is all in addition to his good looks, good work ethic, and good sense of humor.

Anyway, James is very lucky to have such a dad.

I also want to say Happy Father's Day to my dad. Happy Father's Day, Daddy! It meant a great deal to have you meet James. I have always looked up to you and the more I learn, the older I get, and the more that I experience life the more I realize how blessed I am to have you as my dad. Thank you for all you have done and for the example you continue to be to me. I love you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments: