Monday, January 12, 2009

If James gave you a tour of our apartment...

Oooooo, here's the paper shredder in the kitchen. Isn't this fascinating? It's some kind of electronic covered trash can. There has to be a way to open it.... somehow.

We're walking, we're walking....

And, here is the diaper pail next to my changing table. This doubles as my favorite drum. Not only does it make for good percussion, I get a great reaction from my parents when I get the top to spring open. Eau de James, what could be more sweet?

Oh, and look over here, it's the carbon monoxide detector. See that blinking light? If you're coordinated enough you can wrest it from the wall and hear its screech. Mom and Dad are sure to come running to save it.

We're walking, we're walking....

The toilet bowl. Splish, splash I was taking a bath.... what??? You're acting just like my parents. Nobody knows fun like me, I guess.

We're walking, we're stopping....

The furnace vent. For those of you musicians, like me, this is percussion with a nice wind-rain option. You can hit it to get a pleasant 'fooom' and or scratch the vents to get 'cric-cric-cric-cric'. Then you can 'fooom' again. Endless fun.

We're walking, we're checking the door...ah, it's open.

Here are the bookshelves in the master bedroom. I always think the books need to be re-arranged so I pull them all out. Too bad they are too heavy for me to put back.

We're walking, we're walking, hmmmm.... a cheerio.

Ah, here we are. The shoe rack. You have to stretch a little but if you are persistent you can reach a shoe through the bars of the gate. They always keep the best toys behind the gates I've noticed.

But our tour would not be complete with out mentioning The Remotes. These must be important judging by how closely my parents guard them. They fall in the same category at The Cellphones. Lights, sounds, and small enough I can hold onto, these are constantly out of my reach but I have my eyes open for my chance. Hee hee, they won't know what hit them.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do kids love remotes and cell phones?

Well even if he does like these things and the ever tempting cables... he's still a super-cutie!

(I'm sad that I couldn't pick him up more during Christmas... but it was great to see him learning to walk!)