Thursday, February 5, 2009

Holy Guacamole

Before I left to run some errands, my wife said that she wasn't going to eat the last two avocados. Later, when I got home, I noticed that Charity had made me some guacamole and put it in the fridge. In my bliss, I tore open a bag of tortilla chips and took a nice heaping dollop of green goodness. I thought it tasted rather sweet and assumed that she forgot to add the seasonings. As I reached for a salt shaker I realized what had just happened. I should have been clued in by the confused look James was giving me, as I was actually eating his puréed peas. The lesson I learned: Puréed peas and guacamole actually look and taste nothing like each other upon close examination.

So, now I had an open bag of chips to go along with a hungry son who felt betrayed. The solution: I just have to make my favorite guacamole recipe and share it with James.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, salt, onion, and garlic. Serve immediately. That's it. Nada mas. The taste will surpass anything in a jar. At least, it's guaranteed to be better than peas. And James likes it too.

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

And if you add lime juice and cilantro, even yummier. Though I'm not sure James would like it....

Alana said...

How did you not notice you were eating peas!?! That is so funny!