Saturday, February 21, 2009

Piano

Last year Daniel and his parents got me a piano. It has been a wonderful gift. I play it almost every day and realized recently that I am better than I was a year ago. I can now play most of the hymns and songs from the Children's Songbook. In addition to this, I have been learning the first five classical pieces from the book that came with the piano. The piano has these pieces in its memory so I can listen as I play and see where I need work. I listen, learn, and slowly it all comes together. (This has been invaluable to me because I never learned how to count and am not sure what all the different note squiqqlies mean.)

My piano practice is also one of the few things that James doesn't mind me doing without him. He usually plays a few notes with me and then toddles around the room crooning with the music and exploring under the couch. He feels I'm making music to accompany his play and I get to do something I enjoy. It's a win-win situation. I hope he is subconsiously learning the way notes go together and that it will help him when I try to teach him piano later on.

I wanted to share my musical happiness, so I thought I would put it on the blog and dedicate it to Daniel, and Mom & Dad Howell. Thank you for the piano!

P.S. This is the shortened version of the song since I didn't want to put a really long video on here. I hope no one minds.:)

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Alana said...

Good job! It's always fun noticing your own improvements!! :)

Gayle said...

That is wonderful. How nice to have the talent to play and be able to teach your children.

Anonymous said...

We're happy that you are able to put the piano to good use. I think James is building up memories of his mom through your music. He liked it from the first note.

Mom and Dad Howell