Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Week Before Valentine's

Daniel really treated me well the week before Valentine's Day. He had dinner ready every night by the time I got home. I was treated to delicious pizza, stewed vegetables, curried chicken, white chicken chili, and pasta primavera. Yummm.....

I took a picture of the pizza it looked so good. The other days I was too hungry to remember the camera but they looked equally good.

Considering all that he had done for me I did not expect anything more for Valentine's Day itself. To tell the truth, I forgot that it was Valentine's Day when it finally came around. Around midday I took a much needed nap and I awoke certain that Valentine's had been the day before. Happily, I fixed a nice dinner (grilled chicken wraps with rice) for Daniel that night, so when he came home from the temple bearing gifts, I wasn't caught totally unprepared.

He had gotten roses and some delicious chocolate mousse from a cafe near the Manhattan Temple. Although one of them jumped from his hand when he came into the living room, its taste wasn't in the least affected. (You can see it hiding under the corner of the couch still in it's cup.)

In other news, that was also the week Daniel figured out how to hang our TV on the wall of the living room... by himself. Another tribute to his manliness.

This is a lot more convenient for keeping James penned in when we want to watch something and better for entertaining guests, although I think it looks sort of funny right above the piano.


Soon after moving the TV, Daniel hooked up the Wii and we played some MarioKart, which was fun for everyone. James spent his time trying to get the remotes from us and we spent the time trying to avoid his atttempts and still win.

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Alana said...

I'm glad you had a great valentine's WEEK!! :)

Melissa said...

I see that olives are only allowed on half of your pizza as well. And Jacob could really use some tips from his younger brother in the romance department. I may have to direct him to this post. But then he might get ideas about hanging our t.v. on the wall, and I really don't want that....

Katie said...

how sweet of him and fun. Can I get your pizza crust recipe?? I hae tried it many times and it never looks like the one pictured..I am trying to perfect the homemade pizza and still have a ways to go I'm afraid :)