Friday, April 4, 2008

Great Expectations

Well, I've made it to week 38 and am half way to 39. I never expected to be pregnant this long but it has really been a blessing. I've had the time that I needed to get things together for the baby, to serve my family, and even to attend a baby shower put together for my benefit.

It was a lovely party and I was amazed at how many people came. I've since washed all the adorable outfits and put blankets, books, and toys in their proper place. Daniel has put up a shelf for me to put supplies on and we are set to go. Anytime... really.

I keep waking up thinking "How about today?". I think about what the date is and figure out what kind of mathematical pattern it makes. Then, if it is a pattern that I like, I tell my belly that it really would be a good day, if he's up to it. I even sang the 'Happy Birthday' song to my belly yesterday in the hopes of helping the him decide he wanted to come out and have a birthday party.

I suppose this is just the beginning of me learning patience with my children.:)

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

You are so cute! But that baby doesn't look like he's dropped yet. I've actually heard that first pregnancies tend to go over....