Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Still no baby.

We are waiting patiently for the baby to come. Baby, on the other hand, is very comfortable and warm in his little nook it seems. Rest assured, as soon as anything happens, we will let everyone know.

In the mean time, I'll share with you a neat little fact we found out. Scientists believe that amniotic fluid actually has a flavor depending on the things that the mother eats. They think this is why babies from around the world seem to be pre-acclimated to foods that other babies would have trouble with. Cool, huh?

Is baby going to have an affinity towards marshmallow cardboard puffs? No, because Charity hasn't touched the stuff, leaving me with the burdensome task of eating them (Update: I think I am passed the halfway mark, now).

What about steamed broccoli? Perhaps. If we weren't so judicious, we would probably be eating upwards of 10 lbs a week. Yum.

So, we'll see. There seems to be an equal probability that baby will not like any of these foods while being breastfed. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to have all the broccoli myself.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

Very interesting theory about the amniotic fluid. I always wondered how Japanese kids could actually like squid and seaweed. Also, it's too bad we don't live closer. I know Jacob would help you out with your cardboard marshmallow puffs.