Thursday, May 22, 2008

A short story from 1989

I was told that I had to post something so that the "R.I.P Nasty Breakfast" post won't be the first thing you see when you load the page. I for one think the post is a literary masterpiece. Alright, I can't say that with a straight face.

So, in an attempt to post something more engaging, here is a short story I found recently that exemplifies my former literary talents (with some original syntax and spelling):

"Timmy"

by Daniel, age 10

"I'm Dr. Sy N. Tist." He said, "I am going to make this gerbil talk." as he gave Rachel a green liquid to drink. Dr. Sy N. Tist left the room to get a drink.

"Yuk.", complained Rachel. "Sy is doing nothing of the kind, blank, zip, nothing." "I can already talk!"

"I think so too." said a mysterious voice.

"What?"

"I think s..."

"No, where?"

"In the microscope"

"Who?"

"Timmy."

"Oh, there you are.""In case you are wondering, I'm a microscopic bug, a mite." said Timmy.

"Gee glad to see yah." Rachel responded.

Timmy began, "How may I help you?"

"I want to get out of the house." Rachel mumbled.

"Humm, I'll be back here tomorrow."

Timmy went out in the woods and found a little spot, no danger as it seemed to be... The next morning Timmy asked how much she could hold.

"About a pound."

"Can you lift the microscope?"

"yes."

"O.K., wait! Whew, count to three then lift, I'll go over here on the bookshelves, ready 1-2-3 go."

Mr. Tist had opened the window earlier for a draft in the laboratory; they escaped there and
went to the place Timmy had chosen.

Rachel looked through the microscope when an old owl swooped down and just missed Rachel. Timmy said "go over in that hollow stump, hurry!" I'll go up and distract him. Timmy floated up into her eye but she just blinked a little bit (it didn't work.) The owl was going to the neighbor’s yard. (A far off place to them.) Rachel ran as fast as she could, she dashed and jumped.

"Get off me."

"What?"

"Get off m..."

"No, why?"

"I was just trying to scare you off from my babies."

Alyce introduced the babies, "This is Larry, Currly, and Mo." I heard that these are human names, they're going to be trained to hunt with humans. Oh, I'm so proud of you three!

"Rachel."

"yah."

"We are still too close to the house, we'll have to move again. The three set off and Alyce explained her life.

One day somebody threw away old box, Alyce scavenged it quickly. "This will make a good house."

If you ever see a box with a owl with three babies, a gerbil, and a microscope in it, you know who they are.

And for those who are interested, I got a check + on the assignment.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you and Jacob went to the same "writing school for the gifted." His early stuff sounds about like yours. And quite frankly, I liked the marshmallow puff post.