Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December-at-a-glance

We've been busy getting ready for Christmas and have neglected our blog. Here are some pictures and random thoughts to fill in the gap.

James is our happy elf. He makes us smile with his antics and his joy. We are looking forward to sharing Christmas with him and spending time with all the Howells in VA.

Daniel has been spoiling me as we await Christmas. In the background of the above picture you can almost see the Christmas chart that we got last year for Christmas (it's on the wall above the piano). Each day I pull a piece of paper from that day on the chart and there on the paper is written something nice that he will do for me. So far I have accumulated back rubs, a clean house, scrubbed toilets, a fancy dinner, and books read to me while I work on things around the house. Thank you, Daniel!

In early December, we had a second Thanksgiving with some friends of ours in New York. They were cooking a turkey and the fixings and invited us over to enjoy it with them. It was a lovely evening with good talk, food, and friends.

I have to blockade the treadmill while I use it because James is fascinated by it. Dan thought it would be fun to see how he would do.... maybe now we have a way to get some of James's energy out.

Not that he needs it much. When he wants to, James can sleep like a rock. Aaaahhhhh...... my heart melts.

We went to the Christmas party for my department at work last week. It was interesting. They had an entertainer singing songs with the kids and telling knock-knock jokes. I learned some really good ones. Just ask me and I'll happily inflict them on you.

James was enthralled by a six-foot plus Frosty. He kept trying to get to him. In this picture, I'm trying to get him to turn around to look at the camera. No such luck, Frosty is just too interesting.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Kate said...

Merry Christmas! Glad to see some cute new photos and to hear that everyone is happy and healthy! Miss you!