Monday, December 8, 2008

High chair


We inherited a high chair from a good friend, but it didn't have a tray attached to it. Over the past few months, we have been trying to find a cheap alternative. Apparently, they don't sell baby tray liners individually at the stores. So we looked at storage box lids, dinner trays, Tupperware accessories, utensil organizers, plastic storage boxes, trashcan lids, paint roller trays, cookie sheets and lunch trays to no avail. Finally, we just bought a board of oak and some edging and I made one myself.

I think it looks nice, even if it is a bit squarish and big. It reminds me of the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. It would have been nice to have a tool shop with a band saw and a mouse sander to make the tray look a little more like the chair. But, alas, that tool shop has to wait for my dream house.

James has taken a liking to it despite its appearances and has ground a lot of his food into the wood as a token of his appreciation. Bon appetite, little buddy!

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

You are a true Howell.

Kate said...

I am very impressed! Great job Dan!