Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some Projects...

Last Christmas my mama gave me a Bernina. It really has been the gift that keeps on giving. Now that I won't ruin anyone's Christmas surprise, I can share what I've beeing using it for.
This is a quilt I made for Melissa and Jacob. Designed in Illustrator, of course.:)


The quilt below was a baby quilt that spoke to me and said it really wanted to be full-sized. So it grew up into a full-sized quilt for Ben and Josie.

I'm particularly proud of how the piecing on this one went. I took this picture of the back so I could bask in the straightness and flatness of the seams.
You won't see the final border of the quilt because I forgot to take a final picture after binding and quilting. This may be because the border was where the karma ran out. It was less than perfect (not square or as flat as I would have liked).
The next quilt shows that I can learn from my mistakes. I think this is the most technically perfect quilt I've ever made. It was a baby quilt for a friend of mine.
See how square, flat, and unpuckered? What was even better was the heartfelt reaction Meg gave when she got it. I love making and giving to good people.
This is a baby blanket I made for Lisa. I made it big enough that her little boy should be able to enjoy it well into childhood.
I am proud of how I balanced the color in this one. You can't see it very well in these pictures but the fabrics and the layout compement each other.


I also made six aprons for my Budge nieces and nephews for Christmas. Unfortunately, I just realized that I forgot to take any pictures before I mailed them. You'll just have to believe me that they are really cute.

And of course, I have more projects hatching in my brain, in my documents file, and waiting for the right fabrics to be chosen. Speaking of which, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mama for sharing her fabric stash with me. Thank you, Mama!

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Kate said...

Great job! I am very impressed on all of the projects shown in the photos above. I hope to one day be a recipient of such a creation! Love and miss you!

Katie said...

WOW! I love quilting but haven't made anything in quite a while. You have inspired me to get back at it :)

Jen said...

Charity -- You are amazing! I LOVE all those quilts, especially the first one. You must be fast with your machine because I definitely cannot crank out anything at that capacity. Wow. . seriously amazing.