Monday, April 6, 2009

April Conference 2009


Conference has been spiritually uplifiting. The messages were of hope and faithfulness to me. I particularly liked Elder Holland's talk. He spoke of the Savior, what the Savior went through to understand our darkest moments, and how because of Him we do not have to face our trials alone. I also will remember Pres. Monson's talk where he shared examples of faithful endurance. The German mother will remind me what is truly important and what is not in the struggle of life. Elder Perry spoke on being good shepherds and offering the gospel to those we know. From all of these I have been instructed and edified.

How can I be better? These talks point to faithfulness, patience, and endurance with the small things; scripture study, prayer, magnifying my callings, and sharing the truths that give happiness, to name a few. As Pres. Uchtdorf said (paraphrased), exaltation is not reached in a sprint, it is a race of endurance and continued effort. - Charity

I have noticed a pattern of council from Presidents Uchtdorf and Packer in the General Priesthood Meeting. President Packer advised us to not immerse ourselves in gaining technical skills so much that we neglect optaining practical ones. President Uchtdorf also talked about doing what matters most. This is wise council for me as I try to figure out what I need to do in terms of education and skills so that the needs of the family are fully met. It also makes sense in light of the many comments on putting our faith in the Lord even when our socio-economic conditions may change and we have to do with less. -Daniel

Post a Comment

0 Comments: