Sunday, April 5, 2009

For my newest niece

After a few false starts, I finished a baby quilt I've been thinking about since we heard the good news. Since my niece will be born in the year of the ox, and is part Chinese, I had Daniel draw me up a cute ox. We printed it out, ironed it to fabric, and I sewed it to the back. I think it turned out well. Her parents were born in the year of the monkey and in the year of the dragon. Hence the adorable monkey and dragon watching over their new baby ox.


We are really excited to meet the newest addition to the Howell family.

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

Gina/Tom said...

Cute idea and final product.

Gayle said...

Charity, that is so adorable. Josie and Daniel will love it. I too have s few things for them and will post later this week. This baby will be wrapped in lots of love.

Alana said...

It turned out very cute!! :)

Gayle said...

OOPs: Josie and Benjamin will love it.