Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Car Inspection

I have been worrying about getting my car inspected since the beginning of the year. I even calendared in to take it to a mechanic in March because I was sure that it would take at least a month to get the car up to snuff for the April inspection. What with life happening, the car checkup did not happen and the month of April is almost over.

Daniel, knowing of my worry, for the car and for the budget, decided to try his hand at fixing the car. I've had the indicator light on for my backup lights for some time. He did some research and after getting past a couple of layers of grime, was able to find the connector that needed to be checked. No luck with the indicator light, but the connector is now cleaner.

He then checked the wiring through my trunk and discovered that I needed new lights for my license plate. The indicator light was still on but only came on with a change in gears.

So, having determined that all my lights are in working order he did some further investigation to see why my indicator wasn't off. Apparently, any voltage change of the back lights causes it to go off if there is resistance in the wires. Hence, he had to do some re-wiring.

Daniel took my car to get it inspected today. It passed. Yippeee!

I am SO grateful to have a husband that can fix my car. I love that! I admit I was skeptical in the beginning when he said he would try to fix it, since earlier last year my dad tried unsuccessfully. Imagine my amazement and hero-worship that Daniel was able to fix it, especially when Daddy is one of the best mechanics I know. In addition to fixing it, Daniel did it all for under six dollars. Wow! Go Daniel!

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Kate said...

So awesome about the car- I know how scary it can be when the light comes on... What does it really mean? Is it an actual emergency? Do I take it in only for the shop to tell me it nothing? (But it still cost something for them to look it over.) So frustrating!

Congratulations on number 2!! I am so bad, I haven't been on my blog for forever... so I haven't checked others blogs and am very behind in the news world. Wishing you all the best and can't wait to see another ADORABLE little Howell! Miss you!