Monday, January 21, 2008

A Day Off

I keep hearing how I won't have any time to do things once the baby comes. So today I decided to get things done.

My 'day-off' in pictures....


My first time using a #10 can to cook.


My first time using bulk food storage and finding ways to store it.


Dinner for a week, hopefully.


My first attempt at using the bread machine.


All the dishes.


All the laundry...


including all the linens.


Online research and resulting pages of questions to ask on our labor and delivery tour at the hospital tonight.



More research and eventual ordering of baby essentials to be shipped to our local store. This took more time than I thought it would.

Sorted, cleaned, went through, and organized my childhood scrapbooks and children's books. (I have been saving these for my children since I was eleven. Boy, are they heavy!)


Cleaned off, sorted paperwork, and in general organized my study space/craft corner.


Call it nesting or whatever you want but I call it tiring. As Daddy says, "When can I go back to work and rest?"

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow, I wish I had the time and energy to do all that! You just wait until you have three kids....

Melissa said...

Sorry, this post is for Daniel. How dare you leave that song on my blog. It has traumatized me forever.