Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our memorial to President Hinckley

I have noticed two great things recently. First, all the major news syndicates have agreed that the passing of our Prophet was important enough to report on their front pages. I was proud to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when I saw the respect that this man has generated throughout the world.

Second, I am happy to see consistent messages of love and admiration that have appeared on the blogs of our friends and families. I, too, believe that this moment in history marks the passing of one of the greatest souls to have ever lived on the earth. Today, we are hard pressed to find someone so good, so pure, and so full of love as President Hinckley. This is obvious by the testimonies of those whom he has touched written on blogs around the world.

BYU put together a brief sideshow that I want to share. A higher resolution version can be found via BYU Magazine.



I am happy that he is able to be with his beloved companion once more. Being a newlywed, I am only starting to feel the value of this bond. I don't know about you, but at this time, I am feeling more eager to stand a little taller and to be a little better. Let us continue this great work of God and in so doing, we will honor President Hinckley.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

. said...

President Hinckley has done so much for so many. I honor him as a prophet, and friend. He specially loved the youth of the church. He has been a super optimistic in the face of some of the most troubling times this world has ever faced.

I found a site honoring him, where anyone can go to and leave a message in tribute to his memory.

The site is:
http://honoringpresidenthinckley.blogspot.com/2008/01/honoring-president-gordon-b.html