Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Food, Glorious Food...

This post is to pay homage to the good food that we have had recently.

Last Friday we had a date at home. I made strawberry-banana-peach smoothies for our treat and we watched a couple episodes of Babylon 5. It was delicious and quite fun. A very nice return from my business trip.


Last night we had friends over and I made Red Thai Curry Stir Fry. It turned out very well. Very spicy, hot, and full of vegetables. We served it over white rice and it was a hit.

The real culinary achievement, though, was the sushi rolls that we made to go with the stir fry. It was our first unsupervised attempt to make sushi and we think they turned out pretty well. I was so proud of myself when I was able to turn the egg-sheet over in the pan on the first try. Yay!

The only thing missing was some good old wasabi. We looked up how to make it online and will be scouring our local Asian market to find wasabi powder soon for our next try.

Dinner was a success and we played some Wiisports to burn off some calories before we indulged in our guests' fabulous pineapple-upside-down-cake with homemade whipped topping. Unfortunately, we consumed all of it (the cake that is) before we remembered to take pictures. They certainly take the cake for the best dessert....or should I say they really know how to whip up a good dessert.... hee hee....

Have I mentioned that I have been feeling hungrier recently? I'm sure the baby is the one that is fixating me on food and, therefore, this blog is probably much to his liking.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

That food all looks so delicious! Eat as much of it as you can, because after the baby is born, he might not let you. I'm afraid to eat seaweed because I think it'll turn my milk green. Or at least make it taste really yucky. And I can't eat spicy things, either, or chocolate :( By the way, I wanted to tell you to take heart--Babylon 5 gets much better the second season :)