Friday, September 12, 2008

James and the Giant Peach Head



James continues to be big. His head is fuzzy and perfectly round and he has a piercingly cute gaze about him. The other day I was asked to hold a baby who was roughly the same age as James. Have you ever tried to lift something you thought was heavy but wasn't, so you ended up almost launching it into the air? Well, luckily I didn't toss the baby. But soon afterward, I picked up James again and thought, "Wow, he is definitely a solid kid." Charity claims it's a Chapin attribute, so I'll blame her side of the family for any chronic back pain.

I ran some errands around town and decided to sport James in my arms instead of in the carrier. I can honestly say that I have never received better customer service. Everyone I talked to seemed to stop mid sentence and be compelled to tell James how adorable he is (with puckered lips and bobbling heads, no less). One even suggested I look into baby modeling. Later, when I checked out some books at the library, I discovered that the entire time I was there, the ladies behind the check-out desk were betting on his age. They all guessed older than he is (by the way his 5 month mark is tomorrow!).

James truly has a gift of loving people. He likes to smile and interact with anybody at anytime. He seems to brighten the day for those around him (in addition to giving free strength training for anyone who wants to hold him).

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely looking more like his Daddy minus the hair. I can see why he is so captivatingly handsome and obviously he has a personality to match his good looks--- Look out girls-it is love at first sight! GMH

Nohreen said...

Soo cute!! Enjoy the peach fuzz.. Heather had one until about 1 1/2 yrs old and I missed that peach fuzz feeling. :(

Kate said...

He is so super CUTE! He is going to be quite the heart throb when he gets older.