Saturday, October 18, 2008

Brunette

When I was little girl I had super blond hair. It gradually darkened to a honey color during my teen years but not enough for me to not be blond. So I've heard quite a few blond jokes...


Through college I dyed my hair to brunette, red, and many different blond shades and since then have continued the pattern of trying a new color every six months or so. (Nothing extreme, mind you.) When I found out that I was expecting James, I decided to leave off coloring my hair for awhile, just in case.

Two days ago, the last of my blond-dyed tips were trimmed off and I saw my natural color in all its natural beauty. Brunette at last! Thanks for the genes, Mama! Now I am officially brunette and can tell blond jokes with impunity. :) Hee hee!

Me before the trim. It was getting unmanageable!

After my trim (al naturale):
So do you want to hear a good blond joke?
How do a blond's brain cells die? See the comments section for the answer. Hee hee

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

Howell said...

Alone

Melissa said...

Here's my favorite blonde joke. "Did you hear about the two blondes who froze to death at the drive-in movie theater? They went to see 'Closed For Winter.'" Ha ha. Ho ho. Hee hee. O.K. Well I guess it wasn't that funny. But I like your hair :)

Christie C said...

Wow! I had no idea your natural hair color was so dark. It looks good though! You guys need to come visit Utah again!

Jen said...

Also had NO idea that your hair was so dark! It was so blonde on the mission. Surprisingly, my natural color is probably as dark or more than yours. . . ah, the effects of dye.