Monday, July 28, 2008

On A Roll

We were very proud when James discovered how to roll onto his back. Our joy was short lived, however, when we realized that he did not yet know how to roll back. James tends to frown upon being in positions that he doesn't like, especially when he cannot get out of those positions. As we realized this, visions of our Little Mercury Switch going off in the middle of the night tugged at the edges of our smiles. Since then, James has only needed a roll-assist every now and then, and luckily not in the middle of the night.


This afternoon, I put him on his back while I watched him from the kitchen because I was busy making some cookies for FHE. The next thing I know, he had rolled over on his belly and stuck his head and shoulders up to watch me. Of course, I had to get a shot of how cute he looked, especially in his little muscle shirt. I went back to cooking, and when I next looked over, he was back on his back again. It took me a second to realize that he had accomplished. James is now an ambi-roller!

My joy was again short lived as my imagination began drumming up worse-case scenarios involving an ever-increasingly mobile baby. Pins on the floor, dust bunnies in the corners, books teetering on the edges of end-tables. Yikes! I think I should go research child-proofing the home now.... Until next time!

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

Melissa said...

He is so cute! And yes, it's a whole new ballgame when they can roll.

Katie said...

what a cutie! I found your blog through Nohreen's (sp) blog. You guys crack me up! James is adorable and we had so much fun talking about the life of 3 month olds with you last night. Send me an e-mail at katiespear@gmail.com and I'll invite you to our blog. Meanwhile I am adding you to my blog list (if that's ok?)

katie

Jen said...

I LOVE that picture of James! So cute!! And, congratulations on completing that date. That is super impressive and you look great!!

Howell said...

It should be noted, however, that the rolling over bit is still hit or miss. Yesterday, for example, he didn't really want to be on his back, but once he got to his stomach, he was not happy and couldn't roll back.

Oh well!