Thursday, July 31, 2008

Quilting Table

After taking over the kitchen table for a few weeks with my sewing machine and quilting paraphernalia, we decided it was time to set up a dedicated space for my work. Preferably a space that is not in close contact with food or where food should be eaten. In addition, this space should be in the living area so I don't have to keep asking, "What's happening? What did he say?" because we have a show on that we are watching. I tend to read, iron, pin, sew, and feed James during our time to watch shows together and it's sort of hard to follow the storyline when you don't stay in the room for more than a couple minutes at a time.


I'm happy to say that with this new arrangement I can pin, sew, and iron from the same place that I use to watch/listen to our shows. Both Daniel and James are now used to this arrangement. James will watch contentedly from his bouncy seat while I mumble to myself about difficult points and rippling seam lines and Daniel will turn the volume up when I'm sewing and down when I'm not. What a team!

I had a machine, a box of fabric, pins, and many, many ideas when I started but now I have space to implement them! Bwa ha ha ha hah. (and you thought that laugh was only for mad scientists)

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Katie said...

I didn't know you quilted! I love to quilt but suffer from the same problem. Since I don't have a work area I hate getting out all of the as you said "paraphernalia" because it leaves a mess for when we want to eat dinner. You've inspired me...I am going to be on the look out for a cheap craft table!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see you quilting and enjoying it. I must send you more fabric! I love you, Mama