Friday, July 11, 2008

Wii, Garden, Hands

This blog is a stream of consciousness blog.... no rhyme or reason. Just enjoy.

James has discovered his hands. Or maybe we should say he has discovered his hands and his mouth. He's gearing up for teething by practicing gnawing and drooling ahead of schedule. We always knew he was an over-acheiver.
After much watering and forgetting to water the garden, the time of the harvest has arrived. Hunting behind leaves, and double checking each plant, Daniel brought in the fruits (or vegetables) of his labor.

Daniel's harvest: a lone green bean. Never was a bean more appreciated.

I admire many a person in this world. Nohreen is one of them. She is a wonderful mom and person. When she came over James knew he was in experienced hands and settled right down from being fussy. Nohreen's patience and love is palpable. Since then, when he is fussy I think to myself "Be like Nohreen" and it helps me be a little more patient when I'm tired and he's tired too.

Everyone enjoys a rousing round of boxing, young and old.

The Wertenbakers:The Foote vs The Howell (Meg and I were the cheering section.)A note of warning: if you are going to Wii box be careful not to overextend your arms. You can really make your inner elbows sore. I guess some of us can be a little too competitive.

Who, me?!? ;)

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Nohreen said...

Gee, I didn't know what I was missing from your blog. Thanks for the link. It was a great evening with your family! Maraming salamat sa inyo lahat. You're so sweet-- thanks for the compliments. I love holding James, he's such a sweetie. :)