Thursday, July 24, 2008

Out of the Diet and into the Fryer

Good mothers make sure their children have enough food to eat. During James' incubation I did due diligence and made sure he had plenty of nutritious foods coming his way. Judging by his nine-and-a-half pound birthweight, I think I did fine.

Since then I have been working to lose the food storage that he put to the side (or should I say the hips) for his later benefit. To help it move along I've been eating healthily and exercizing.

This week is the sixth week of a diet I started and more notably, it is the last week. I have been restricting my intake to fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Even though I love fruits and vegetables, this has required incredible discipline. Especially since I am blessed to have a husband who likes to cook. But survive I did, just barely.

I am proud to say that by watching what I eat, and by exercizing, I am almost down to my pre-James' weight. Hooray!!!

Daniel: Good job, Honey!

King James: You have done well. Reward yourself one Whopper combo.

So, to reward myself, and to motivate me to continue, we treated ourselves to Burger King yesterday. We both had Whopper combos. Ahhhhhh......
This was a treat to be savored. Especially since I won't be having it for awhile as I ramp up my plans to lose the last stubborn pounds and tone the residual muscle.

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Melissa said...

I am very impressed! I always admire people who actually make the effort to lose weight. Jacob asked me today what I did to get so skinny after having Kate. I told him that I guess I just ate less, and it also helped that a baby was sucking on me. I suggested perhaps she (Kate) could do the same for him, but the results might not be satisfying for either one of them :)

Nohreen said...

Great job indeed, Charity! Since I lost taste for meat when I was pregnanct with Paul, I had found ways (and recipes) that actually makes eating vegetables more enjoyable.