Saturday, March 29, 2008

ABC's

A--ADVOCATE FOR: Learning. There is so much to learn and so much that can be done with that knowledge for good. Our brains are amazing. I recently read a book called A Brief Tour of Human Consciousness: From Impostor Poodles to Purple Numbers by V.S. Ramachandran that talks about the brain/consciousness... as I said, amazing.

B--BEST FEATURE: My hands. I could have been a hand model. I got my dad's long hands and my mom's beautifully shaped nails.

C--COULD DO WITHOUT: Red tape. It's a sad commentary on society that we need so much paperwork to ensure people will be honest and do what is right.

D--DREAMS AND DESIRES: I'd like to make a difference in the lives of others. Specifically, I want my children to feel loved and secure. I love medicine and the body, science, learning, and serving so I'd like to be a doctor of some kind but I must admit that being a mom (the best I can be) is looming a lot closer on the horizon and is the dream I am currently working to make a reality.

E--ESSENTIAL ITEMS: My bag. It can hold most anything. Books, first aid kits, sheet music, keys, phone, gum, yarn, lotion, books, file folders, sunglasses.... did I mention books?

F--FAVORITE PAST TIME: Reading, learning new things, sharing what I've learned with someone who I just know will get a kick out of it.

G--GOOD AT: Multi-tasking.

H--HAVE NEVER TRIED: Bungie-jumping. I thought about it and was about to fork over the fee at an amusement park six years ago but then my wallet was stolen and the choice was taken out of my hands. At this point, it has lost it's appeal. Maybe when I'm sixty.

I--IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: I'd hire an accountant and pray really hard that I did the right thing with it. I'm not up to that kind of responsibility... yet.;)

J--JUNKIE FOR: Fruit. Pineapples, citrus, mangoes, grapes.... I've been known to eat a whole pineapple for breakfast and clean out a box of mangoes. I just really like them. My body likes them too because I've never had all the side effects people say I should have. Besides, it's sort of fun to see peoples' faces screw up when they watch me eat my lemons.:)

K--KINDRED SPIRIT: Emily. She is awesome in the true sense of the word.

L--LITTLE KNOWN FACT: I can do a perfect back flip off a diving board.

M--MEMORABLE MOMENT: Daddy doing doughnuts in the GTO in the church parking lot with the top down and us kids in the back. Good times.

N--NEVER AGAIN WILL I: Eat Jaca . I couldn't even if I tried, it makes me gag just thinking about it.

O--OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: New York Super Chunk Fudge ice cream (Ben and Jerry's). There are many good memories tied to this very indulgent, very caloric treat.

Q--QUOTE: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance - Daddy

R--REASON TO SMILE: Daniel.

S--SORRY ABOUT: Not keeping in contact with friends as well as I would like. I don't even know where some of my people are anymore but I still remember them and miss them.

T--TAG SOME FRIENDS: Christie and Jen

U--UNINTERESTED IN: Shopping. I've been incredibly spoiled to have sisters/brothers who I could get clothes, etc. from when we were growing up and I'm also very tightfisted when it comes to money. (except for on very rare occassions) I don't mind so much when it's a group activity with family/friends but I'd rather go to the library if I'm going somewhere by myself. They have free books and lots of them.

V--VERY SCARED OF: Crocodiles or alligators, same thing as far as I'm concerned. Prehistoric predators who don't seem to blink. Have you ever seen one of them up close? Brrr....... shiver.

W--WORST HABIT: Interupting people. I always feel terrible about it and for some reason I still have a hard time not doing it.

X--X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: I think my mom's couch would have to be it. She knows how to tuck you in just right, how to play with my hair, and she always seems to know exactly what I need, be it food or quiet or whatever. A priceless vacation spot.

Y--YESTERYEAR DECADE OF CHOICE: I don't know. I didn't get much into the cultural pot growing up and am just now learning some of the icons that I was oblivious to (thanks to my ever patient co-worker Reed).

Z--ZODIAC SIGN: Cancer. It's such a negative word word but then a crab is not much better.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

Hey, we have the same zodiac sign! When is your birthday? I love the library, too. I am trying to cut back because I request so many books, and then I feel compelled to read them, but I have so many other projects I need to get done! Then there's the new hobbies I keep discovering because of the books, which breed more projects, and more books.... It never ends!