Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's (or Our Short History)

I could give a lot of excuses for why I haven't planned anything for Valentine's this year but I won't. I will say, however, that my sister-in-law inspired me with her blog. I have been wracking my brain to think of something that I could do that Daniel would appreciate and that would make a good memory. So I decided to blog about us, basing it off of the survey questions that she had posted.

1. How long have you been together? Two years total. Nine months and three days married life.

2. How old is he? 28

3. How old are you? 26

4. Who eats more? Depends on what we are eating. I win any contest with vegetables.

5. Who said "I love you" first? Daniel

6. Who is taller? Daniel

7. Who sings better? Me, but that's because I practice more. (That may change as Daniel has started to sing primary songs with me around the house.)

8. Who is smarter? Depends on the subject. Daniel is the technology guru and very good with his creative abilities. I am the math, English, and organization. We make a very good team.

9. Who does all the laundry? We usually trade off. It is what gets done by whoever is avoiding doing something they dislike more.

10. Who does the dishes? Mostly me, but Daniel has been doing them a lot more now that I don't bend so well to reach the dishwasher.

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? That changes depending on where the bathroom is located. I usually call the side closest to the bathroom.

12. Who pays the bills? Whoever gets them from the mailbox most of the time.

13. Who mows the lawn? No lawn yet.

14. Who cooks dinner? Whoever gets home first usually. Daniel is a fabulous cook. He recently made a very good Minestrone from our food storage goods.

15. Who is more stubborn? Definitely me.

16. Who kissed whom first? Daniel kissed me first.

17. Who asked whom out first? Daniel asked me out first. We had been 'recommended' to each other by a CES missionary and when we finally did meet he suggested we go to IKEA together to look at stuff and eat their Swedish meatballs with Lingenberry Sauce. We ended up going on many other dates before actually making it to IKEA and by then we were holding hands.

18. Who proposed? Daniel.

19. Who is more sensitive? Me.

20. Who has more friends? Daniel.

21. Who has more siblings? Me. I have three brothers and two sisters. Daniel has two older brothers.

22. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We both wear pants. :)

23. Where did you meet your husband? Princeton Institute NJ. Daniel was working for Machineart and I was working for Church and Dwight, Inc.

24. What was the first thing you said to your husband? I don't remember. I think it is in email format somewhere. Something introducing myself... I'll see if I can find the email to attach.

25. Where was the first kiss? We went walking on a nature path near my apartment. We had enjoyed coming there before to catch fireflies and frogs. It was a Sunday and the sun was setting. We stopped on a bridge overlooking a pond and Daniel kissed me. Good memories.

26. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement? Our first contact/email was in February 2006. We were engaged January 1st 2007 and married on May 11, 2007.

27. Where did you get engaged? Phase one, sometime as we both realized that things were getting serious (around late December-ish). Phase two, at the Quakerbridge Mall soon after purchasing a beautiful engagement ring (Jan. 1) while getting a bite to eat. Phase three, at my apartment after I had my nails done (to properly show the ring), and he proposed (on both knees for effect:)).

28. Where did you get married? In the Washington D.C. Temple.

29. How did the reception go? We had a pre-reception at a friends' house in Montgomery, NJ a few weeks before the wedding. We had a open house the evening of the wedding at Daniel's parents' home in Winchester, VA. Both events went very well. The food was great, the photographer was amazing, and everyone had a good time. Plus, I got to do what I wanted; which was to see my family and friends without the stress I was afraid I would feel.

30. How was the honeymoon? It was a time apart. We went to the Bahamas and had a great time. We discovered that not many people get up to see the sun rise on a cruise ship or go out to see it set. We discovered hammocks in the shade and had fun dreaming about the future. It was idyllic.

:DC: cre bo tcheu

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Howell said...

I believe Charity was referring to this email:

Hi Dan.

Sister Grogan, the institute teacher from Short Hills, gave me your email. She thinks you and I should meet but I've not been able to go to the institute in Princeton. So you get an interesting email instead.:) Ahhh... the age of technology.:)

My name is Charity Chapin and I'm currently working in Princeton as a research scientist. I graduated last year from BYU in chemical engineering. I have been living with my sister's family while I get to know the area and look for work that interests me. Hmmmmm... what else.:) I'm 24, 5' 8'', blond, blue-eyed, slightly freckled (in summer), etc. I work in the Young Women as second counselor and am also a temple worker in Manhattan. I served a mission in Londrina, Brazil. I'm not sure what else I should share so I think I'll leave it at that.:)

What do you do? Who are you? Where are you from? You know, the usual 20 questions.:) Hope to hear from you,

Charity