Saturday, February 23, 2008

Home 'Stretch'



We are finally in the home stretch of the pregnancy. I have gotten big and people at work are beginning to look from my face to my stomach and then get a thoughtful expression. This probably would have occurred sooner if it wasn't for my big white lab coat that I wear all the time. How grateful I am for it! Without it I would have had to admit defeat and gone to the store to buy maternity clothes. (Not that I don't need materinity clothes, but I have been very blessed by generous women who gave me some of their old maternity clothes. Believe me, I have been making VERY good use of them.) With my lab coat, no one need know how I have stretched my wardrobe to its limits and beyond. Literally and figuratively.:)


Although I am increasingly uncomfortable, I am happy. Daniel has been very good about taking care of me. Just today he tucked me in on the couch with a glass of water close at hand and put in 'The Living Planet'. (...a nature show I have seen thousands of times growing up and which I find very soothing. In fact, I am never able to stay awake for more than a 5 minute stretch. A very useful fact I'm sure my mom enjoyed.) Whilst I slept, Daniel cleaned up the appartment, did the laundry, and made me lunch. I was unconscious and it felt heavenly.

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

You look so cute! (And isn't it great that the Howell boys know how to do dishes?) Have you been able to get the clothes I sent for your baby yet? Jacob left them with his parents. When exactly are you due?