Friday, February 29, 2008

Tortilla Time


  • Flour
  • Oil
  • Salt
  • Water

That's what you get when you buy tortillas from the store. What a bad deal! Especially if you are a tortilla fiend like me. You can find a bunch of great recipes on line, I particularly like Allrecipes.com. The key to making them paper thin is to let the tortilla dough "rest" overnight. This allows for the glutton to breakdown and allow for a more gummy consistency.

Here I am dreaming of endless supplies of quesidillas, burritos, salad wraps, and other nummy goodies:



Charity has crowned me the 'Tortilla King'. Although I am surprised by this honor I have to agree that I make some pretty good homemade tortillas.

(editorial note: please ignore the "messed up hair" and "non-matching clothes". I am a designer, which means that I must have dressed and styled my hair this way on purpose!)

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Gayle said...

Being from the Southwest, you need the right kind of flour. "Blue Bird" is a brand that you can get here (Arizona) that makes great tortillas and fry bread.

Melissa said...

So, when you say the "glutton" needs time to break down, are you referring to yourself? Giving yourself some time to calm down about the tortillas so you don't eat too many and make yourself sick. Oh, you meant "gluten." I get it now :)