Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Hero

This morning didn't start too well. Cold, tired, and feeling especially large as I tried to gracefully get into my car, I managed to get settled, get the seatbelt fastened and then I turned the key. Nothing. When I removed the key my car alarm went off. I put the key back in and it went off... but again no ignition. This was repeated a few times, much to the annoyance of the neighbors I'm sure. My car problems usually end up being for unusual reasons and my spirits plummetted as I began to replay my past car disasters in my mind.

Luckily for me, I have a handy husband. Daniel jumped my car. It made it about twenty feet then died. Typical.

He (by himself) pushed it back into the parking spot for further diagnosis of the problem. He drove me to work and then began to try to solve my car conundrum. After a trip to the store he discovered that the battery was fine. After another trip, he discovered that it wasn't the alternator. He was suspicious of the ground wire from the alternator and checked that out. No luck. So then he pinpointed the actual problem by cleaning off the excess oxidation on the battery and replacing the connectors. Yay! My car has been revived and my involvement was minimal. I think this has to be one of the best things about being married. I really dislike dealing with car issues and heavily relied on my dad's expertise when I ran into problems in the past. It is great to have Daniel step up and take that worry out of what is usually a very stressful situation for me.

Yay for handy men, especially when they are married to you!

Post a Comment

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

Another big plus for those Howell boys! Jacob is very handy, too, and it has saved us a bunch of money. The girls know that Jacob is a "good fixer" and they already have that on their list of requirements for their future husbands!