Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hoover Leads to Fowl Play

We gained a very valuable addition to our household this weekend. Our old vacuum has become more of a tool for pushing the lint around the carpet, causing great frustration, than for actual vacuuming. I have pushed the vacuum back and forth one, two, three, four,... I'm sure it will work this time, five, arg! Only to admit defeat and crawl around the apartment with my lint roller, painsakingly going one foot at a time then unwinding the spent sticky-paper. But those days are now gone. Thank Heaven.





We stopped into Bed Bath & Beyond in the hopes of finding a vacuum that would work and not break the budget. We had researched them online and it seemed that those two goals were mutually exclusive. Not to mention that some of the vacuums out there are just plain ugly and I didn't want to get them no matter how cheap they were. We were blessed to find a vacuum that not only works and isn't too expensive but isn't ugly. And there was much rejoicing.




Upon exiting the store we were skipping with joy in anticipation when we noted a flock of seagulls loitering in the parking lot. Then we got an idea! An awful idea! THE GRINCHes GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!




Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be that our heads weren't screwed on just right. It could be, perhaps, that our shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all is that we had ... no reason at all.

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, it's too bad you didn't let us know of your vaccuum woes, because we have a Hoover sitting in our garage from the stone ages that Jacob will not get rid of. Sentimental reasons, I guess. Trying to vaccuum with it is like trying to push a tank around. I hope you enjoy your new vaccuum. Our Dyson was expensive and is ugly. I don't understand why they have to make them ugly. Same thing with baby carseats, but that's a whole other issue....

Melissa said...

I meant to say that we could have sent you our 1/2 ton vaccuum cleaner that is taking up valuable space in our garage. I think it used to be the grandparents'. I had to throw away the crockpot we inherited from the grandparents when Jacob was out of town so he wouldn't know. Otherwise, I'm sure he wouldn't have let me do it, even though it burns everything and Mom Howell thinks it will eventually catch fire and burn down our house.

Howell said...

I'm not sure that a 1/2 ton vacuum would be that cheap to ship.:) Most of the vacuums we looked at were really funky colors and shapes. They were definitely trying too hard. I don't think it is possible to make a 'trendy' vacuum and not have it be ugly. Long live your Dyson.:)